- 2016 Professional Development Conference
- The Homestead – Hot Springs, VA
The Virginia Music Educators Association welcomes participants for our 2016 Annual Professional Development Conference to be held November 17 – 19, 2016 at The Omni Homestead Resort in historic Hot Springs, Virginia. Through our conference theme, we explore the great diversity of music learners, music teaching, and music making across the Commonwealth. Our 36th Annual Professional Development Conference will bring together music educators, music researchers, and performing ensembles to celebrate the place of music in our lives and communities.
|Associate Conference Coordinator
- Why Should Music Teachers Attend?
- Refreshes and enhances teaching skills.
- Serves as an opportunity for quality professional development.
- Provides information and training on the latest research and trends in music education.
- Reviews the latest developments in music technology.
- Affords networking opportunities with fellow music teachers from across the Commonwealth.
- Provides clinics and workshops presented by master teachers and leaders from across the United States.
- Provides opportunity to visit with music industry professionals and discuss the latest in curriculum materials for use in the classroom.
- Presents outstanding performing groups conducted by fellow teachers.
- Provides opportunity for meaningful and relevant recertification points.
- Provides new thoughts and ideas to be used in the classroom immediately.
- VMEA Conference Playoff Policy
- Band directors who may have a playoff game during conference must pre-register for the conference and then request a refund of the conference pre-registration fee in the event of a playoff game. All band directors who register at conference will pay the on-site registration fee and will not be eligible for a refund.
- Band directors it is to your advantage to go ahead and pre-register for conference and then should you have a playoff game during that weekend request a refund. Refunds should be requested through the State Manager.
- Requests for refunds must be made prior to December 1st.